Mosquito Control Service
Mosquitoes belong to a group of insects that have diverged about 226 million years ago and more 3000 species of mosquitoes have been identified so far. They are smaller the 15mm in length and have a pair of scaled wings with halters. In order to propagate their population, mosquitos suck the blood in order to extract protein and iron from which is important for producing eggs.
Mosquitoes are cosmopolitan and are found worldwide. They are found in every continent except Antarctica and a few islands with polar or sub-polar climates. They are not found in Iceland.
Mosquitoes prefer those humans who have type O blood, who are heavy breathers, with an abundance of skin bacteria, those with high body heat, and pregnant women blood meal.
The life cycle of all mosquitoes comprises of the egg, larval, pupal, and adult stages.
Egg: Male mosquitoes feed on plant nectar while females feed on the blood of hosts to develop and nourish eggs which are directly laid in the water or near the water bodies.
Larvae: Within 24 to 48 hours of laying, the eggs hatch into larvae which soon grow to a length of 5 mm. These larvae breathe through air tubes and cannot survive without water as they die before turning into adults.
Pupae: After the larval stage, within seven to ten days, they enter the pupal stage where in the adult mosquito emerges and flies of to further propagate.
Mosquito Control Treatment:
Controlling, Prevention and Treatment of Mosquitoes are important for human beings as the growth of the mosquitos’ population increases the threat of many diseases like chickenguniya, malaria, dengue, filarial, etc.
Many measures have to be tried for mosquito control. Some of them are:
- Elimination of breeding places
- Exclusion via window screens and mosquito nets
- Biological control by using parasites such as fungi etc.
Indicators for the presence of Mosquito
If you notice the following, it is time to call the team from RPA Pest Control Services for mosquito pest control services.
Whenever you see a huge population of mosquito in your house and neighborhood which is not getting affected even after the use of mosquito repellents, it is time for you to the desire for a professional mosquito pest controller who shall provide treatment for mosquito control.
Call us on 7827144714 / 8318145337 if you see the above indications for mosquito control and treatment.
The saliva of the mosquito-transmitted to the host with the bite causes itching and a rash. Mosquitoes also act as vectors for many disease-causing viruses and parasites. Infected mosquitoes carry these organisms from person to person. Some of the mosquito-borne diseases are namely:
- Yellow Fever
- Dengue Fever
- Lymphatic filariasis which is the main cause of elephantiasis
- Male mosquitoes live 7 to 10 days and female lives up to 30 days.
- Male mosquitoes are smaller than the female mosquitoes.
- Male mosquitoes drink nectar and plant juices while the female mosquitoes suck blood to produce eggs.
- The wings of a mosquito hum at 200 to 300 beats per second.
- Snow mosquitoes lay their eggs in the water of melting snow as mosquitoes lay their eggs in water only.
- About 3000 species of mosquitoes spread more diseases than any other insect in the world.
- The red bump that crops up after a mosquito bite is not a mosquito bite but an allergic reaction to the bite.